From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322...@yahoo.de]
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 11:20 AM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Font Glyph?

On 15.07.2010 22:44, Eric Douglas wrote:
> Then I pass a text value of "☑" in my XML.  When the
> transformer uses FOP to translate the XML into output, this prints a
square.
Have a look at http://www.unicode.org/charts/charindex.html
U2611 is "BALLOT BOX WITH CHECK", i.e. not a square (U2610 should be a
square, are you sure about the entity?) If FOP couldn't find the glyph,
it would have printed a # instead.
You could use one of the font editors to check whether your font
actually has a glyph for the U2611 character (try
http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/)

> I tried replacing my fop.jar with one that I compiled from the Trunk,
> and instead of printing the square it printed an error message to the
> Java Console that the font doesn't contain the specified glyph.
That's mildly odd, I'd guess your method for telling FOP about your font
doesn't work as in Trunk.

J.Pietschmann