Hi All,

I've been asked to look at a way to automate the FOP release process with
regards the website documentation. At the moment every new release requires the
following:

1) Download the site from SVN
2) Copy the folder containing the latest version's markdown files (1.1 for
example) and rename to the new version
3) Go through all the files manually and update all the references from the old
to the new version
4) Update any markdown files in the main directory with regard to the current
and previous versions.
5) Delete the oldest version folder as we need only mantain the last 3.
6) Check and resubmit all files back to SVN

My initial thought would to have a master copy in a separate directory. That
copy would contain a tag in place where the version is given which could be
substituted by a script of some kind (ant has a facility to do this). The ant
script would also perform all of the above tasks so the only thing left to the
user will be to check the output and push the new files. The problem I have
with this is that SVN is not the only way in which the files can be edited as
there is the web interface. If someone were to edit the files from there, the
master copies would become out of date and worse, if someone were to perform a
release it would overwrite all those changes.

I've been recommended to look at markdown extensions but if anyone else has any
ideas on the best way to go about this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Meyer