I agree, but as Simon pointed out PDFBox is not a dependency of FOP, but of PDF plug-in, which is a separate project with a separate release cycle. The PDF plug-in project is an optional dependency of FOP, not required for core functionality.

So the proposal is just to release the FOP project, not PDF plug-in. This means anyone wishing to use PDF-plugin with the new release of FOP would need to build it from source code using a PDFBox snaphot. Not ideal, but we are long overdue a FOP release, and only a small number of users are using the PDF plug-in. So I'm +1 to this proposal.

Thanks,

Chris