>Step-by-step instructions described at
>http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html, but looks like you know it
>already. Show us the font definition in your userconfig.xml and check if
>FOP complains about anything in a debug trace.
>Oleg Tkachenko
>eXperanto team
>Multiconn Technologies, Israel

Hi all.

Thank You for all help so far, with my PFM font embedding problem.
I am very thankful.

My implementation in the userconfig.xml file looks like this (as childs of the
<fonts> node):
These are two declarations, one for the normal weighted font, and one with bold:

metrics-file="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DVDebugger\bin\Debug\FontMetrics\SK021___.xml"
  kerning="yes"
  embed-file="C:\program files\adobe\adobe type
manager\psfonts\PFM\SK021___.PFM">
/>

metrics-file="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DVDebugger\bin\Debug\FontMetrics\SK051___.xml"
  kerning="yes"
  embed-file="C:\program files\adobe\adobe type
manager\psfonts\PFM\SK051___.PFM">

The xml font metrics files are generated without errors.

Using the "-d" debug mode flag, this is the output the FOP renderer creates
when generating my PDF:

C:\Program Files\Batik\fop-0.20.4>java -cp build\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan
-2.3.1.jar;lib\xercesImpl-2.0.1.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\avalon-framework-cvs-20
020315.jar;lib\logkit-1.0.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -d -c con
f\userconfig.xml "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DVDebugger\bin\Debug\output.FO" "C:\Inetpub
\wwwroot\DVDebugger\bin\Debug\output.PDF"
[DEBUG] Input mode:
[DEBUG] FO
[DEBUG] fo input file: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DVDebugger\bin\Debug\output.FO
[DEBUG] Output mode:
[DEBUG] pdf
[DEBUG] output file: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DVDebugger\bin\Debug\output.PDF
[DEBUG] OPTIONS
[DEBUG] user configuration file: conf\userconfig.xml
[DEBUG] debug mode on
[DEBUG] dump configuration
[DEBUG] quiet mode on
[DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[DEBUG] reading user configuration file
[DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[DEBUG] base directory: file:/C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/DVDebugger/bin/Debug/
[INFO] FOP 0.20.4
[DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[DEBUG] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[DEBUG] area contents overflows area
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[DEBUG] Last page-sequence produced 1 pages.
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer
[DEBUG] Initial heap size: 646Kb
[DEBUG] Current heap size: 7823Kb
[DEBUG] Total memory used: 7177Kb
[DEBUG]   Memory use is indicative; no GC was performed
[DEBUG]   These figures should not be used comparatively
[DEBUG] Total time used: 7030ms
[DEBUG] Pages rendered: 1
[DEBUG] Avg render time: 7030ms/page

The error i get when opening the generated PDF from Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0:
"Unable to extract the embedded font StandardGroteskBSK-Bold. Some characters
may not display or print correctly."

The names displayed in the XML metrics files are:
and

I have also tried to use these names without success.
But when using SVG, i succeed to use this font, using the name:
StandardGroteskBSK-Regular
for example: <text x="100" y="100"
style="font-family:StandardGroteskBSK-Regular;">This is
StandardGroteskBSK-Regular</text>
or "StandardGroteskBSK-Bold" to get the bold one.

Which is the actual name here? I am a little bit confused about that.
Sure its me doing something wrong here.
If anyone has a clue, that's great, but I understand the complexity of my
problems here. It is not very easy for you to recreate my problem and debug it.

Regards
Dennis, developer, Grey Digital Oslo.