From: Victor Mote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 8 February 2003 2:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Postscript Error when RIPing document created with FOP

Patrick Branley wrote:

> I have PDF document created with FOP that I sent to Xerox Docucolor
> 2060 using a Scitex Spire RIP that failed with the following error:

> The printer has a workaround by first distilling the file in Acrobat
> and then resending it to the RIP, but this affects their workflow and
> we plan to send a large number of files to them per year so this isn't
> a viable option.

Hmmm. We're missing something here. When you say that your printer distilled
the file in Acrobat, where did the printer get the PostScript code to do
that job? Distiller is itself a PostScript device, so it should choke on the
file the same way that the RIP does. If both PostScript devices (Distiller &
your RIP) are using the same input, then the RIP PostScript implementation
is suspect. If they are using different input, then we need to know more
about the tools that are being used to convert the PDF to PostScript.

Victor Mote