Ok, the stacktrace is still missing, but I've still been able to
reproduce the problem. But it's not related to SVG as you suspected. FOP
wants to write a warning message and encounters a null pointer. I've
just committed a change to CVS that fixes the NullPointerException, but
not the bug (see below). If you download the CVS version of FOP you
should be able to generate a PDF from your FO file. The problem is that
on my machine FOP swallowed a character ("(").

Does anybody have an idea about the following message generated in
AbstractRenderer.java? I've found a reference to this problem in the
mailing list archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101903253600001&r=1&w=2

[ERROR] Areas pending, text probably lost. Check Page <unknown> and following
page.

Sounds like you tripped over an old bug. I suggest you try working
around it for the moment by chaning the fo:inline near "In Europe there...".
I was able to get rid of the error by removing the "(" before the fo:inline.

Anybody out there who wants to fix that one?

On 11.02.2003 14:30:07 H. krishna wrote:
> Yes, i am using batik version with fop.
>
> i attached my fo file. please look into this.

Jeremias Maerki