In an ideal world you would probably be using text-align="inside" and
text-align="outside". But that's not implemented in FOP AFAIK. The
approach you're trying to follow will only work if you try to do the
whole page-breaking stuff yourself in XSLT. But that could get real
messy and might not solve your problem. If I were you I would try to
alter the layout requirements. Maybe someone else has a good idea.

On 17.02.2003 21:00:45 s-oualid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to test the odd or even condition
> while writing in non-static content. Here's an example of what I want to
> do :
>
> <fo:block font-size="13pt"
>           border-style="solid"
>           border-width="0pt"
>           font-family="Helvetica Black"
>           color="white">
>   <xsl:if test="current_page='odd'">
>     <xsl:attribute name="text-align">start</xsl:attribute>
>   </xsl:if>
>   <xsl:if test="current_page='even'">
>     <xsl:attribute name="text-align">end</xsl:attribute>
>   </xsl:if>
> </fo:block>
>
> You may have guessed it, I just wanna align my titles in function of the
> odd or even pages. How can I manage it ?
>
> Cheers mates, and thanks for your help.

Jeremias Maerki