On 17.02.2003 22:05:18 s-oualid wrote:
> Thanks you for your answer mate !
>
> I am so nervous on this project (because that's a totally new approach for
> me, I was working with VPE's DLL of ideal software before I managed to
> convince people here to use XSL:FO), that I am really happy to get some
> help even if it doesn't really solve my problem ! :)=
>
> I'd love to be in a perfect world with such miraculous properties ! ;)
>
> Anyway, here's one of my tries about this problem ... But it looks like
> being impossible to bind the <fo:page-number /> result into a variable.
>
> <xsl:variable name="page_number"><fo:page-number /></xsl:variable>
> <xsl:if test="($page_number mod 2)=1">
>   <xsl:attribute name="text-align">start</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:if>
> <xsl:if test="($page_number mod 2)=0">
>   <xsl:attribute name="text-align">end</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:if>
>
> I also tried to make a template with a page_number param but it doesn't
> work either ...

Yes, because you have to be aware that XSLT happens before layout. FOP
only gets the XSL-FO, no XSLT stuff. You don't have control over
anything that goes on in FOP's layout process during XSLT. That's why I
said you have to control page breaking yourself if you want to
accomplish it in XSLT.

> In fact, I have no problem with a statical layout, like here :
> http://www.tatouage.fr/temp/cd_skin_example.pdf
> Because, in this skin, I have one odd and one even page for each XML
> <FICHE> tag, so it's really easy to control page break in this case.
>
> But on the other hand, I have skins like this one (my worst nightmare
> actually) :
> http://www.tatouage.fr/temp/cd_skin_example.pdf
> And here, that's impossible for me to guess where I am, cause I control
> page break with the keep-with-next properties...
>
> Thanks again for your help, that's really appreciated here ! :)

You're welcome. Good luck, I need to get some sleep now.

Jeremias Maerki