Hi

In the attachment, you'll find a zipfile who contains the following files:

test.svg -> svg file
chart.pdf -> created from test.svg, can't open in illustrator, only in Adobe
Reader
fehlermeldung.pdf -> error message if I try to open chart.pdf in adobe
illustrator 10 (mac)

test big.svg -> bigger svg file

The problem with the ClassNotFoundException occurs only if I try to convert
test big.svg. With test.svg it works.
And here the stacktrace:

Hit Unbehandelte Exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
Hit Unbehandelte Exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/avalon/framework/ValuedEnum
 at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
 at org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFDocument.makeFont(PDFDocument.java:1132)
 at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.FontSetup.addToResources(FontSetup.java:265)
 at
org.apache.fop.svg.PDFDocumentGraphics2D.finish(PDFDocumentGraphics2D.java:2
32)
 at org.apache.fop.svg.PDFTranscoder.transcode(PDFTranscoder.java:290)
 at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
Source)
 at
ch.pmm.chartstudio.chartgen.GraphicConvert.saveAsPDF(GraphicConvert.java:131
)
 at ch.pmm.chartstudio.chartstudio.ChartStudio.test(ChartStudio.java:173)
 at ch.pmm.chartstudio.chartstudio.ChartStudio.<init>(ChartStudio.java:43)
 at ch.pmm.chartstudio.chartstudio.ChartStudio.main(ChartStudio.java:78)

Thanks for your help

Hans

"Jeremias Maerki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> On 11.03.2003 12:05:43 Hans Stoessel wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Thanks for your answer.
> >
> > Update in CVS:
> > >...I suggest you update to the one in CVS because it's improved and
nearing
> > a release. ...and we could use some testers. :-)
> > I have downloaded the latest version and built it. But it doesn't work.
The
> > class org.apache.fop.configuration.Configuration is missing. I removed
it
> > from my code and tried to transcode the SVG to PDF. But in the method
> > transcode in the class PDFTranscoder the error ClassNotFoundException
> > occured in URLClassLoader. I suppose a class isn't available.
>
> Setting the strokeSVGText property is not necessary anymore because the
> PDF transcoder decides itself if it can use the PDF TextPainter or if
> the text must be stroked because there is some complex transformation.
>
> Can you post a complete stacktrace and maybe a little SVG file that is
> failing in your application?
>
> > CMYK conversion:
> > >The PDF transcoder contains some code to pass CMYK color to the PDF if
it's
> > specified as CMYK in the SVG. If you can convert your SVGs to CMYK
> > colorspace >you have some (!) chance of sucess.
> > I can't convert my SVg to CMYK because SVg doesn't support CMYK, only
RGB.

> Learn something new every day. Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> > Can't open PDF in Adobe Illustrator:
> > >But doing a quick search in the archives I found this:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=102218609700001&r=1&w=2
> > I have a look in this group and changed PDFStream.java like discribed.
But