Hi,

You have to consider the additional JARs used by FOP (Xalan, Avalon, ...).
IMHO you get somewhat around 5 MB of JARs. It will take a long time for your
users to download so much stuff (at least the first time they use the
applet). This was the reason for us to have FOP on the server and send PDF
from there to the client.

Markus