I am currently seeking the same information.  I'll post some info if I come
up with something.

-Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Savino, Matt C [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: April 29, 2003 3:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Seeking advice on HSSF

Hi, I figured I'd ask this here just in case anyone had any opinions. We
have a web-app which currently uses FOP in a servlet to generate PDFs. We
are looking into using HSSF to generate .xls files in a similar fashion. Is
anyone out there swapping FOP and HSSF like this? I've read all of the
HSSF/POI and Cocoon-HSSF-Serializer stuff from the Apache site and I am
still unclear on how I would go from XML to GMR (via XSLT) to .xls (via
serializer) as I would with FOP. Do we have to go through cocoon? It seems
like a lot of overhead for this one function.

I know this is a little off topic but if any FOP people out here have
experience on this I would really appreciate hearing it.

thanks a lot,
Matt Savino