J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Victor Mote wrote:
> > My suggestion then would be to download 0.20.5 & see whether it
> fixes your
> > problem. I think it will,
>
> I don't think so. The issue with randomly changing font families
> and font weights in the AWT renderer has been reported before,
> and I vaguely remember this was deemed a problem with JDK 1.4.
> Searching the mailing list archives may turn it up.
> Maybe upgrading to 1.4.1_03 is of some help...

OK, a look at the archives indicates that AWT probably is the issue. Here is
the most relevant posting I could find:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=104506926016789&w=2

I have not been able to confirm any expected thread problems with AWT
classes, so there may be something else going on here. I'll add a comment to
the doc regarding this. Also, I didn't find anything about a 1.3/1.4
difference, so if anyone knows what that is about, or can shed more light on
"why" or "when", I'll be glad to clarify the doc.

Victor Mote