J.Pietschmann wrote:

There's a bug, the image is scaled down according to the height
of the body region, which does no good if it goes into another
region which is actually larger than the body.
No workaround, except "don't do this". I don't think it will be
fixed soon.

J.Pietschmann

But to be able to generate 2 or more columns in a page you need to use column-count and column-gap, if I'm correct. And when you want a header and footer that go over all columns the only way I found was using the region-before and region-after. And I don't want some empty space between the end of my text and the footer. So just increasing the region body size won't work for me.
So I'll probably have to search for the bug, correct? Or is there another way to get content to go over more then one column, with a fixed header and footer?
If I'll need to search for the bug, can you perhaps give me a hint where to look?

Regards
Wessel van Norel