I believe the FOP website lurks on this list, right?

I have done some further research on exactly what image support FOP offers, in efforts to figure out how to embed CMYK images into a resultant PDF. Perhaps this information will be of use to others.

Here's what I've found:

Native TIFF
- only supports 1 sample per pixel images
- only supports "white-is-zero" and RGB photometric interpretation (although due to the sample per pixel limitation above, RGB images are unsupported)
- appears to support the following compression schemes:
- CCITT T.4 bi-level encoding
- CCITT T.6 bi-level encoding
- JPEG compression

JAI TIFF
- images MUST be RGB
- RGBA appears to be supported to some degree
- all other support should be consistent with JAI

JAI PNG
- images MUST be RGB
- RGBA appears to be supported to some degree
- all other support should be consistent with JAI

Native JPG
- grayscale, RGB, and CMYK appear to be supported

Native BMP
- images must be RGB

I can provide more granular information if necessary. As a result of my findings, it is clear that for embedding CMYK images into a resultant PDF, JPG is the only game in town.

Ben