Chris Bowditch wrote:

> Your userconfig.xml looks okay to me. The error you are getting
> would imply
> that FOP did not find the config file at conf/userconfig.xml. AWT
> may or may
> not be a problem, but I know for certain that custom fonts work
> with PDF, so
> my advice would be to get it working with PDF before trying AWT.

I believe that AWT is the problem. See:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#intro
where it is documented that the AWT renderer does not use custom fonts. This
is because AWT gets all of its font information from the operating system
registration. If it isn't registered with the o/s, AWT (and therefore FOP)
can't see it. O'Reilly has some good books on X if you don't have something
else already.

Victor Mote