From: Patrick JUSSEAU [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 November, 2003 09:23
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with inserting images

Hi everyone,

I just started using XSL-FO and fop. I am trying to generate a pdf file
which contains jpg files. Those images are always inserted in a parent
component (I guess something like a viewport). I need to set a height
for this viewport (view_height).

I need to be able to display them in the following 2 cases:

case 1: the image's height is greater than view_height. In that case
the image has to scale in order to fit in its view_height. I succeeded
in doing that. I did something like (where 100px is the height of my
viewport):

<fo:block background-color="white" text-align="center">
        <fo:external-graphic content-height="100px" height="100px"
src="url(image.jpg)"/>
</fo:block>

case 2: if view_height is greater than the image's height, then I want
to display the image at its actual size and display it at the center of
its viewport. Doing something like this does not work:

<fo:block background-color="white" text-align="center">
        <fo:external-graphic content-height="25px" height="100px"
src="url(image.jpg)"/>
</fo:block>

|   |  image  |     |

What I am missing? Thanks for any help.