Background:
We are trying to get an e with a line over it to show up in a PDF document which is being generated from an XML files with fop. The character ends up ad a pound sign in the PDF, though from the same XML file, the character is displayed correctly in HTML on the website. Oddly enough, I can not get that character to show up in my mail program (Eudora) either to show you the character we are trying to reproduce.

I have done some reading, and it sounded as if I needed to embed the font in the PDF. I *think* I have done this correct (no errors were produced), but have not been able to overcome the problem.

Question: How do I get this character to show up in the PDF?

Other Information:
-) The font I generated the metrics file from came from a Windows 200 Pro workstation (Arial)
-) Config snippet file used to generate the PDF (ben.xml)

-) command line used to generate the PDF: /usr/local/fop/fop -c /tmp/ben.xml -xml /web/coursedev/XMLTMP/BI0500_l01.xml -xsl /web/coursedev/foStyles/lessonfo.xslt -pdf /web/coursedev/PDFTMP/BI0500_l01.pdf

-) FOP version: 0.20.5

-) other info needed?

thanks

benji