Aha! It's not a _bad_ thing, so to speak... Both options have their
advantages. If you use -enc ansi, then you get only a base character set
(check the table: first line - Usable charset), but the text will remain
searchable. The other option (not specifying -enc) gives you a full
character-set, but renders the pdf 'unsearchable' ( c&p won't work either ).

Cheers,

Andreas