De: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: mercredi 10 décembre 2003 23:27
À: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet: Re: Problem with .fo file

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm able to convert it to PDF when using the command line,
> but when I try to print it (using awt) thanks to embedded code, I have
this
> error :
> [INFO,Default] Using org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl as SAX2
Parser
> [ERROR,Default] org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Error while attempting
> print document, root cause : Document root element is missing.

The FO document has a BOM at the start. Some old versions (or even all)
of the Crimson parser are confused by this. What JVM/run time environment
are you using? Check whether you can enforce using a recent Xerces release
as XML parser (there are plenty of instructions for everything on the net).

J.Pietschmann