Nope. You're confusing things, I'm afraid. It's correct that some metric
information needed by FOP is not present in PFM files, only in PFB (but
which are currently not parsed). The problem here is most probably
kerning. We've had that problem before. I just can't find the right
thread right now. I think Jörg had an explanation (but I don't remember
it). I used to propose to manually remove the kerning elements in the
generated XML font metric file. This disables kerning for this font but
normally solves the alignment problem.

On 17.12.2003 12:10:36 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> > Could it be that the generated font metrics is incorrect?
>
> Yes, I believe the current PFMReader ignores the PFB file which has some
>   parts of the font metrics in them.

Jeremias Maerki