Two main options are:

1. Use the Apache Ant Task: (if you haven't yet learned Ant, it is time very well spent to do so):
http://xml.apache.org/fop/anttask.html

2.  Or, for a very simple Java program, click the "This example" link here:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#ExampleXML2PDF

I suspect, given your requirements, Apache Ant will prove the more efficient for you.

Glen

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all, in order to do a batch print of pdf files that
are on my customers local pc, I would like to run
the equivalent of

"FOP -xml 1.xml -xsl 2.xsl -print"
programmatically, is there another way than resorting to a Runtime.getRuntime().exec("..")

this is what I am thinking I have to do, but would prefer to
do this from java without using runtime.exec