Derrick,

Thanks for your info. I am quite new to XSL. So, just bear with
me. You use the element <xsl:text> to refer to an external
image. I do not know exactly how it works. Would you please tell
me how to refer to an external image using the following snip
codes given the image watermark_draft.gif which is stored int
the directory "C:/image/" ?

thanks,

Dave

<fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master page-width="21cm"
page-height="29.7cm" master-name="left">

        <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm">
              <xsl:attribute name="background-image">
                    <xsl:text>watermark_draft.gif</xsl:text>
                </xsl:attribute>
        </fo:region-body>

 </fo:simple-page-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>

---- On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Koes, Derrick
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I use a "watermark" for generated "draft" pdf documents.
> I accomplished this with a background image, which isn't a
true watermark,
> but is adequate for the purpose.
>
> Snip...
>
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="formal"
xsl:use-attribute-sets="master">
>     <fo:region-body margin-top="2.8in" margin-bottom="0.75in">
>         <xsl:if test="$status = 'draft'">
>             <xsl:attribute name="background-image">
>                 <xsl:text>draft.jpg</xsl:text>
>             </xsl:attribute>
>         </xsl:if>
>     </fo:region-body>
>
> If you need an overlay on the image itself, you'll like need
to use svg.  We
> did this to "annotate" images with shapes and text.
>
> Derrick

PDF
> format in the browser. I have done this part. Now what I need
is
> that I want to add a watermark(say, COPY ONLY or SAMPLE) to
each
> generated PDF before I display them in the browser. So,when
> users view those PDFs in browser, the watermark appears either
> as foreground or background to protect those images from being
> stolen.
>
> Can I do something directly in XSL file? or I have to use FOP
> do this task? I searched our archives and haven't got an
answer
> yet. Does anyone have this experience? Any help will be
> appreciated. Thanks a lot.
>
> Dave

> This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith
& Nephew and
> intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain information
which is
> covered by legal, professional or other privilege.  If you are
not the
> intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended
addressee to
> receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not
retain,
> disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on
this
> transmission.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please
> notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this
message.