I used FOP and JAI to render PDF.  I did not use configuration
class to set baseDir. In my case, do you think if there is a way
to pass this draft.jpg image into XSL and display it on each pdf
as background? Or can I use <fo:external-graphic src="...">
inside </fo:region-body> or use transformer.setParameterto refer
to this draft image?

thanks,

Jerry

---- On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Koes, Derrick
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> We use the FOP driver class to accomplish pdf creation.  The
Configuration
> class allows us to set the baseDir property for external
images.  Below is
> another code snippet that shows how we do this.
>
> The String baseDir would contain something like, "C:/images";
> If this directory had an image called draft.jpg in it, such as
in my first
> code snippet, the image would be rendered in the pdf.
>

> myDriver = new Driver();
>
> //  Tell the FOP Driver what logger to use.
> //  This must be done in the order it is here.
> Log4JLogger log4j = new Log4JLogger(dora);
> MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(log4j);
> myDriver.setLogger(log4j);
>
> //  What other kinds can be rendered?
> //  AWT, MIF, PCL, PDF, PRINT, PS, SVG, TXT, XML
> myDriver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
>
> Configuration.put("baseDir", baseDir);
> InputSource is = new InputSource(fo);
> myDriver.setInputSource(is);
> myDriver.setOutputStream(pdf);
> myDriver.run();
>

> /**
>  * Contact information.
>  */
> public class INFO
> {
>     static final String NAME = "Derrick Koes";
>     String title = "Senior Software Engineer";
>     String company = "Smith & Nephew Endoscopy";
>     URL companyURL = new URL("
>     http://www.smith-nephew.com/index-flash.html";);
>     String aolIM = "codeauthor2001";
>     String EMAIL = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
>     String PHONE = "(978) 474-6302";
>     String FAX = "(978) 749-1487";
>     String QUOTE = "No, try not, do or do not, there is no
try."
> }

margin-bottom="0.75in">
> >         <xsl:if test="$status = 'draft'">
> >             <xsl:attribute name="background-image">
> >                 <xsl:text>draft.jpg</xsl:text>
> >             </xsl:attribute>
> >         </xsl:if>
> >     </fo:region-body>
> >
> > If you need an overlay on the image itself, you'll like need
> to use svg.  We
> > did this to "annotate" images with shapes and text.
> >
> > Derrick

either
> > as foreground or background to protect those images from
being
> > stolen.
> >
> > Can I do something directly in XSL file? or I have to use
FOP
> > do this task? I searched our archives and haven't got an
> answer
> > yet. Does anyone have this experience? Any help will be
> > appreciated. Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Dave

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to
Smith
> & Nephew and
> > intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain
information