Hi,

> It's neither a feature nor a bug. It's simply a gap in the
> implementation IMO. It really depends on your requirements. If you only
> have these obsolete fonts that FOP doesn't understand, it is surely
> worth trying to fix this. You may simply have to determine how much work
> it will be and if you (!) think it is worth it. We're certainly not
> going to turn a fix like that down.

The problem is that the fonts are licensed : there are free to use but can't
be modified :-( Otherwise, it could have been quite easy to reprocess them
in a font utility and, at first, merge them :-)

Remember also that Batik can handle them just because they considered
several maps :

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/svggen/font/table/

Frommypoint of view, a good compromise would be to support SVG fonts in
FOP... althought I find ths format quite limited. But... that'is another
matter:-)

Cheers,

p.b.