Hai all,
Thanks to all of your response.I have problem with <xsl:variable>.I have a
variable 'bordervalue' inside <xsl:stylesheet>.
I am not assign any value to this variable.But inside a template i want to
assign some value to this variable.How can i solve this problem?
I tried with lot.But the variable could not get assigned a new
value.Following is my code snippet...Please help me

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
  version="1.0"
  xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
  xmlns:fox="http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions";>

<!--    Global variable declaration===-->

<xsl:variable name="bordervalue"/>

        <xsl:template name="inline-style">
                <xsl:if test="$name='border'">
                        <xsl:variable name="bordervalue" select='"$value'"/>
                </xsl:if>

        </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet/>

Thanks and cheers