On Oct 28, 2004, at 4:15 AM, Ben Sewell wrote:
Hi,

I've done a lot of searching of the mailing lists and other documentation on
how to run fop for large files. I'd really like to use the "-buf" option,
but I can't seem to get it to work; it doesn't understand it. I amm using
the release 0.20.5 of fop, with an up-to-date Cygwin and Java j2re1.4.2_05.

In particular, I run the command:

fop.sh -buf buf_file sys_test_results.fo sys_test_results.pdf

I've never heard of a '-buf buf_file' parameter for FOP. Are you trying to retain the intermediate 'fo' file? It doesn't look like it since you're transforming from *.fo instead of -xml *.xml -xsl *.xsl. However, if you are, that's what we use xalan.sh/.bat for, to check input[1].

If someone else understand what you're asking for, I'm sure they'll respond. If not, perhaps it would help for you to explain what you're doing, what output you expect, and what output you get.

[1]
http://www.apache.org/~clay/xml-fop/running.html#check-input

Web Maestro Clay
--