Looking at the FAQ I think I don't do anything wrong in my code coz I'm
placing the attrbute linefeed-treatment="preserve" into it. The attr
white-space-collapse I don't need or has nothing to do with the linefeed
(I assume).
I understand that the linefeed-treatment attr is the one to specify this
but still something else must go wrong here.
And what is meant in the FAQ with:
"Due to a bug in current versions of FOP, setting
white-space-collapse="false" will also preserve line breaks in the text.
Do not rely on this behavior, as it is non-conformant and will be changed.
"
which "current versions" is that? 0.20.5? so this has nothing to do with
0.20.4 which I'm using?
Any help is welcome,
Gunter D'Hondt

Chris Bowditch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
23-11-2004 13:11
Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc

Subject
Re: [fop] linefeed-treatment="preserve" doesn't preserve the linefeed

Gunter D'Hondt wrote:

<snip/>

> which still outputs "Line1Line2" so it replaces the newline character
> instead of "preserving" it
>
> Anybody who gots an idea what I'm doing wrong here? Any help is
welcome...

This is a FAQ. See:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#fo-preformat

Chris