Hi - thanks very much for the suggestion, and congratulations on a great product. Unfortunately, when I made the suggested change, it had no effect on the output, which seems puzzling to me. I'm certain that the change was executed, because I set a breakpoint in the code and stepped through it. The imageType came in to the switch statement with a value of TIFF_BILEVEL_BLACK_IS_ZERO, and due to the change in the code, the value of photometricInterpretation was set to 0.

Thanks again for looking at it,

Bill

Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

Hello!

My target viewers were Photoshop and Alternatiff. That's a problem with
TIFF viewers basically. For Windows viewers you need to swap some
constants for black and white colors in sources. I do remember I tried
that, but forgot to make it parametrized :(
It's probably these lines in TIFFImageEncoder.java:

    case TIFF_BILEVEL_WHITE_IS_ZERO:
        photometricInterpretation = 0;
        break;

    case TIFF_BILEVEL_BLACK_IS_ZERO: