Ilya & Will,

Thank you for your interest in FOP. At present, the only XSL-FO examples we have access to are in the examples/ directory included with the distribution. There may be more robust sample files that I'm unaware, created by some of our many users, but we don't have them.

It would be *great* if some enterprising and generous developer could spend the time to generate FOP-based XSL-FO documents from the XML, XSLT and XPath specs. In fact, that would be a useful tool for comparing how fop-0.20.5 compares to fop-1.0-dev (the FOP re-design/TRUNK branch). Unfortunately, that hasn't been a priority up to this point. Perhaps it could become a priority in the future.

As always, any contributions made to this effort are greatly appreciated--and not just by the development team. Our users also benefit, as they can use such contributions to demonstrate to management types how useful Apache FOP is. Moreover, I believe they can help facilitate management to take an active role in contributing to FOP development (i.e., allow a developer to 'donate' a portion of company time to Apache FOP).

One thing that I know helps, is when we contribute overviews and instructions on how to implement complex systems (e.g., the steps for taking XML output to a web-based system using Tomcat servlets...).

Cheers!

Web Maestro Clay