On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 10:02 +0000, Ben Gill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the FopServlet, but ideally, dont want to have to produce
> the XML file on disk, and then load it up again, just to pass in File, File
> into XSLTHandler (or TraxInputHandler)...

I'm not sure about FopServlet, but our approach is to have a servlet
mapping. All files named *.vfo will point to our Servlet.

The Servlet will then extract the name requested and load the .vfo file.
It will then use velocity first to insert information from the request
and session before using the FOP engine to render as PDF and pass the
resulting document directly out via streaming. No saving to disk is
required anywhere in this process.

Even better - I forgot to mention this is a two step process. Before
being passed to FOP we actually have a XSLT transform occur. We have a
standard transform for content which takes away the complexity of FO.