Thank you Jeremias, I followed the instructions and now I can make it work
by embedding the font in the document.

Looking at the samples in userconfig.xml, this is how I register the fonts:
embed-file="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ArialUni.ttf" kerning="yes">

</fonts>

What happens if I omit the embed-file tag? After the PDF is created, on the
client machine, how will it find the right font to display the characters in
that case? With this flag, does FO include whole font in the PDF, or just a
subset to be able to display the Unicode characters?

Regards,
melih