> I may be misunderstanding your question, but it seems like you just
need
> one fo:page-sequence, with predefined fo:static-contents for the
header
> and footer (fo:static-contents will get automatically printed on each
> page.)  Next, put all the content that will be placed on each page in
> the one fo:flow for the fo:page-sequence.

He is probably using the multiple page sequences to work around the
memory issues in tables.  I would say that most all of us who use 20.5
do this.  I've written lots of xsl:fo that does its own page sequencing
by counting lines of data, and we tend to design our reports differently
to overcome the limitations in fop.

I've seen mention of memory fixes on this list, but most of us are
hesitant to do our own pulls from CVS.  If the developers don't feel
like this code is worthy or stable enough for a release of any kind,
then we are not putting it into production.  However, if you were to
take the latest source and put it into a 20.5.1, we'd probably
enthusiastically take it, and it might solve a lot of the
performance/memory issues that are posted to the list.

Dave