On Dec 6, 2005, at 00:11, David Frankson wrote:

He is probably using the multiple page sequences to work around the
memory issues in tables.  I would say that most all of us who use 20.5
do this. I've written lots of xsl:fo that does its own page sequencing by counting lines of data, and we tend to design our reports differently
to overcome the limitations in fop.

Ahem, I feel compelled to add: not only FOP. Didn't the OP mention running into trouble with XEP as well?

I've seen mention of memory fixes on this list, but most of us are
hesitant to do our own pulls from CVS.  If the developers don't feel
like this code is worthy or stable enough for a release of any kind,
then we are not putting it into production.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with not thinking that the code is worthy or stable enough. If not, it wouldn't be recommended on the list, no? Development for the 0.20 branch was discontinued long ago. Some changes have been committed to the repository after the last release, which unfortunately never got included in the packages, but doing another release off that branch would have sent the wrong signals, IMO. You cannot on the one hand claim to terminate that branch, and then still pull releases off it. Makes no sense at all.

If you want it, it's there. If you're hesitant to check it out, then you don't really want it.
It is as simple as that.

Cheers,

Andreas