On Dec 9, 2005, at 18:03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Peter,

It seems that the source of the evil bug is not the typo but the for-each
tag like Andreas suggested. I removed it and voilá some output on the
screen. I looked at the fo document and it seems ok. So back to the orginal
question what is wrong here?

I used a dozen for-each tags in another setup where I wrote the xml document to the file system and the output to pdf was no problem. What is different here?

Could the problem be that the Hello element currently is the root node of your document (as I suspected)?

In that case, don't change the stylesheet, but modify your Java code to:

handler.startElement("", "", "root", atts);
handler.startElement("", "", "Hello", atts);
handler.endElement("Hello");
handler.endElement("root");

(IIRC, startDocument() simply doesn't magically create a root node for you...)

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas