Geoffrey De Smet schrieb:
I've worked with both FOP and JasperReports
and I really prefer the FO format over jasperreport's custom format.
But Jasperreports allows to use Java/POJO based transformations, so I am wondering if this is possible in FOP.

Basically the idea is to replace:
- generate XML based on POJO
- transform XML with XSL to FO
- feed FOP the FO
with
- supply POJO to "JSP without http" which generates FO
- feed FOP the FO

Does anyone know an (open source?) library which can do something like:

Sounds like a template engine like velocity[1] might be something for you.

Christian

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/index.html