I did find an extra xmlapi.jar in my war file.  However, none of the other endorsed libraries in JBoss are in my war.  I have had the admins deploy the new war to JBoss in the Redhat 2.1 environment and still get the same error on the same line of code.

This problem is keeping us from going to production, so any new ideas are definitely welcome!

Thanks,
John