On 12.05.2006 09:45:44 Philippe Drix wrote:
> At 08:56 12/05/2006, you wrote:
> >There are known problems with footnotes in FOP 0.20.5. Please consider
> >upgrading to the latest release, 0.92beta, because we don't do bugfixing
> >in FOP 0.20.5 anymore.
>
> OK, but I had already tried.
> Tables borders are not displayed correctly with the 0.92beta. I got
>
> [DEBUG] FONode - A table has been forced to use the separate border
> model (border-collapse="separate") as the collapsing border model is
> not implemented, yet.

Then just rework your stylesheets to use the separate border model on
tables (border-collapse="separate"). This border model is fully
implemented in 0.92beta and generates better-looking output than the
somewhat strange implementation in FOP 0.20.5.

> If there is no more bug fix on 0.20.5, my question will be : is there
> a trick which will ensure that footnote will be displayed ?

In FOP 0.20.5? Probably not. I'd love to be able to do magic, but so far,
no luck. ;-)

> If no, at what date the beta version will be a release version ?

Use the beta version. The only reason why 0.92 is still a beta is
because of the changes in the API. Everything else is pretty stable and
safe to use if you perform some tests. The next release will be 1.0. The
release date depends on the available resources.