yeah but that still doesn't give me the fonts I need. Where are the unicode PS fonts that I can use?

Kai Mütz wrote:
Did you check: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Paul Loy
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 5:35 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unicode Fonts!!!!

Do I have to translate all the foreign characters into a character
reference?

Paul Loy wrote:

Hi All,

I've inherited a poorly written system. Part of it uses FOP to create
PDFs from an xslt. Now, we have international people on our site which
is fine in HTML (xhtml1.1, utf-8) but when I try to use FOP I get #
instead of any polish characters. I think this is due to the font we
were using didn't have the unicode glyphs.

My question is, where are any unicode fonts for FOP. I just want an
Arial or Helvetica type font, nothing fancy! Then, how do I use this
font in my PDF? Here's a snippet of my xslt:

<xsl:template match="para">
       <fo:block font-family="VAGRounded" font-weight="normal"
font-size="10pt" line-height="13pt" space-before.optimum="10pt"
space-after.optimum="10pt">
           <xsl:apply-templates/>
       </fo:block>
   </xsl:template>
   <xsl:template match="sup">
       <fo:inline vertical-align="super"
font-size="8pt"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:inline>
   </xsl:template>
   <xsl:template match="sub">
       <fo:inline vertical-align="sub"
font-size="8pt"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:inline>
   </xsl:template>
   <xsl:template match="i">
       <fo:inline font-style="italic"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:inline>
   </xsl:template>
   <xsl:template match="i">
       <fo:inline
text-decoration="underline"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:inline>
   </xsl:template>
   <xsl:template match="pre">
       <fo:block font-family="VAGRounded" font-weight="normal"
font-size="10pt" line-height="13pt" space-before.optimum="5pt"
space-after.optimum="5pt" white-space-collapse="false">
           <xsl:apply-templates/>
       </fo:block>
   </xsl:template>

I've tried changing the VAGRounded bit to Arial, Helvetica, Times New
Roman but I still don't get the characters to be in the final PDF!!!

Thanks for any help,

Paul.