...just to keep the track - I applied your patch as you posted it, worked nice for all my PNGs (but I didn't explicitly tested various png types);
Thanks for the help!
Martin

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Actually, this is so simple, I've created a patch. I'm hesitant to apply
it without much testing with various PNGs for which I have no time right
now. But maybe one of you can take a look. If it's good JAIImage and
JimiImage could be similarly patched.