paul wrote:

Hello

I'm running fop on my pc (windows xp, jre 1.6) locally, and just updated
from fop 0.92beta to 0.93. Using AWT-mode, I find that 0.93 processes my
xml and xsl much slower than 0.92beta, and less reliable. At the first
 try, the pdf-preview in awt usually looks mangled, only when I run it a
 second time with thedebug-button in the awt window, the preview looks as
expected. But rendering takes so much time that I went back to using 0.92beta, which runs quick and smooth.

Is this a problem documented elsewhere already?

I think you are the first person to try AWT renderer on jdk 1.6. AWT Renderer is heavily dependent on JDK version. Have you tried running 1.5? Do you still observe a massive performance slowdown between 0.92 and 0.93 using 1.5?

Chris