Jeff Vannest wrote:
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Try font-family="'Arial Unicode MS'"

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#font-family says:
"Font family names containing whitespace should be quoted."

font-family="Arial Unicode MS" is already quoted, right? To my knowledge,
all attribute values must be quoted in order to meet most SGML-based
specifications. I am not familiar with any cases where double-quoting values
should be recommended.

The reason is that the CSS specification (which XSL-FO happens to borrow from in this instance) recommends the quotes.

To make matters more interesting, the spec also says that a font family like "Arial Unicode MS" (no quotes, and note the double spaces) should also resolve back to "Arial Unicode MS" (single spaces). FOP doesn't do any of this of course, it splits at the spaces, which is a spec violation the way I see it.

But at the same time, the spec does say it SHOULD be quoted, so you should quote it.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd