On Feb 9, 2007, at 18:22, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

An extension isn't necessary. This can be expressed with normal FO
means: Specify block-progression-dimension.optimum="100%" and
block-progression-dimension.minimum="0pt" on the last table-row.

Hmm... but that property is not directly applicable to a table-row, IIRC. Only 'height' is applicable to tables or table-rows. The fun then truly begins when you read the Rec's definition of the 'height' property... 8)

"For a discussion of the "height" property in tables see: http:// www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html"

OK, and so we browse through the CSS Rec(*), and there it says:

"CSS2 does not define what percentage values of 'height' refer to when specified for table rows and row groups."

(*) http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#height-layout

I'd very much like to agree with your solution/interpretation, but the nit in me feels compelled to ask:
"100% of what?"

What do other processors do in that case?

Cheers,

Andreas