We are getting intermittent failures making PDF from XSL-FO with SVG
images.  I think the problem is caused by network errors accessing the
SVG DTD from the w3.org site.  We are using fop 0.20.5.

Error: ([ERROR] Could not load external SVG: Connection refused
[ERROR] Error while creating area : No ImageReader for this type of
image
(file:/usr/local/apache/sites/web_src/vod/htdocs//images/svg/layout4_logo.svg)

The SVG file is generated by Adobe Publisher and contains the following DOCTYPE:

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd"; [
       <!ENTITY ns_svg "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
       <!ENTITY ns_xlink "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
]>

Is there any way to cause FOP to not fetch the DTD?  Or use a local copy?

- Ian