Hi

I'm not very experienced with FOP, so please be gentle  ;-)

The report I'm generating uses a historical view of events. Every event
must be kept in an atomic block, otherwise the report looks very messy.

For instance:

20th September 2006   Clinton wins soccer match

                      bla bla bla bla

22nd September 2006   Bush wins baseball match

                      xyz xyz xyz xyz xyz

There must be no page break within such an event.

To achieve this, I use

  <xsl:template match="histData">
    <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="14.7cm">
      <fo:table-column column-width="2.5cm" />
      <fo:table-column column-width="12.2cm" />
      <fo:table-body>

        <fo:table-row keep-together="always">

This works well when the event's data is short. However, I have events
which contain a lot of event data, and thus FOP tells me
WARN Content of the region-body on page 6 overflows the available area
in block-progression dimension. (fo:page-sequence, no context info
available)
WARN Content of the region-body on page 4 overflows the available area
in block-progression dimension. (fo:page-sequence, no context info
available)

The resulting PDF shows the event data up to the last bit of the page -
margins are ignored completely. Also, there's no overflow, the data just
stops at the end of the page and is cut off.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a FOP problem?

Best regards,
Eric