On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:22, Winterflood, Jonathan wrote:

Hi

Hi list,

I'm trying to find a way to set the height of a table, and set the
row-height to a percentage of that, but I can't seem to get it to
work...

I think I understand the issue, but to make sure:
Could you perhaps post a small fragment that reflects what you have tried (don't need the whole table; if you can just draft the FO-code for the block-container, the table and its first row, that would be enough)?

I seem to remember that percentages in tables (for row-height and column-width) currently don't work at all. CSS and XSL-FO remain quite vague in their definition of how percentages should be interpreted here. CSS even states explicitly that the behavior of percentages in tables remains undefined (most likely because it leads to all sorts of vicious circles in HTML --read: non-paginated layout-- where the 33% would be roughly a third of the containing HTML-page's height, which *includes* the row on which the percentage is specified).

Depending on the complexity of the table in question, you may want to consider switching to block-containers entirely (instead of a table, use absolute-positioned block-containers that correspond to what are the cells in your current situation). Mind that this would not be feasible for a 20-column x 100-row layout, but if the numbers are 2-column x 3-rows, then using a table could prove to be overkill.

Cheers

Andreas