On Nov 13, 2007, at 16:35, Gregan, Miroslav wrote:

I need to use FOP 0.94 embedded, in a big project composed by different Eclipse's plug-ins where 2 of them define an "org.apache.commons.logging.Log" library, which causes me the following error:

"Invalid class loader hierarchy. You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed." Is there a way how to set the logger "manually" like it was done before in FOP 0.20.5 by setting the Driver object?

More or less the same answer as another thread I just posted a reply in... In short: currently, no. The loggers are static, class-based, and cannot be overridden. They are more meant for debug info during development.

OTOH, I don't believe we use any specific version of Commons logging, so maybe you could try to make FOP use the other version (or make the other plugins use the jar that is distributed with FOP) Have you already tried removing one version from the classpath?

Cheers

Andreas