Vincent Hennebert wrote:
- fo:table, table-layout="auto" is currently not supported by FOP

I've tried disabling this one by trying to set the default table width
to 100% in my fo.xsl customization layer, but it doesn't help.  I'm
aware that I could probably turn on FOP extensions to suppress it, but
I'd rather use a standard method.

You mean the ‘fop1.extensions’ stylesheet parameter?

Yes.

It seems to have no effect. I've tried setting it two ways. First, in the command that does .dbx to .fo processing:

        xsltproc --stringparam fop1.extensions 1 ....

and in my fo.xsl file, which is a customization layer for the above process, so this should be equivalent:

        <xsl:param name="fop1.extensions" select="1"/>

The complaint about table-layout="auto" appears regardless.

- Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block,
location: 2/33495)

Not sure you want to ignore this one. This usually means that some content goes in the margin, possibly resulting in text being clipped.

Given that I'm using DocBook and not generating FO myself, why would this happen?