On Apr 11, 2008, at 07:18, Peter Coppens wrote:
Tried 2 more tiffs (but from the same 'source'). They gave the similar results for relative performance. 1 (0.94) vs 30 (0.95beta) vs 6(0.95beta-jeremias-tiff)

Given my non existent knowledge on tiff (and image formats in general) and (I am sure recognizable) chronic lack of time to dive into image formats at this moment, I am afraid I would not even know with which tiff parameters to play

Which properties did you alter exactly? In the meantime, I read somewhere that Apple's native TIFF codec for JAI does not provide support for big-endian TIFFs.

Cheers

Andreas