Thank you again for your answer.

> Awfully weird, though.
Yes...

About the double quotes
-----------------------
  You are right, if I copy the following string as an URL in my browser,
  file:///C:\"Program Files"\fop\fonts_lea,
  the directory is not found.

  Whereas if I use file:///C:\Program Files\fop\fonts_lea
  it is escaped to file:///C:\Program%20Files\fop\fonts_lea
  and the directory is properly found.

  So I deleted the double quotes, thanks.

About the trailing backslash
----------------------------
  I added one.
  This is now what it looks like:
  <value>file:///C:\Program Files\fop\fonts_lea\</value>

  Unfortunately, it is still failing with the same error message.

Fop -d command line option
  So, I tried:
  # fop -c "C:\Program Files\fop\conf\userconfig.xml" -xml projectteam.xml \
    -xsl projectteam2fo.xsl -pdf projectteam.pdf -d
  but no more clues appear, snif!

  BTW, can you tell me what "IIC" means?

Thank you for your concern.

--