These errors are usually follow-up errors after the real problem (at
least in my experience). Please take a look if you can see any error
message before that exception. It could also be some bad exception
handling somewhere in FOP. I've had this thing a number of times in the
past but I haven't had the chance to really look into avoiding unhelpful
exceptions like that. Maybe that helps.